Accessing Educational Opportunities (AEO) Grant
Students can experience financial challenges when trying to cover costs for tuition / fees and related educational expenses. The Accessing Educational Opportunities (AEO) Grant is intended to assist students whose family meets the “financial need” criteria listed below and is available at The Salon Professional Academy, Maplewood, Minnesota. This Grant is available to The Salon PRofessional Academy Cosmetology classes until February 2023. An extension of the AEO Grant is subject for review by The Academy ownership team.
- The Academy deems “financial need” as a family whose income level is less than $35,000.
- Students’ age 24 and older must show proof of family income level less than $35,000.
- Family income for this criterion is defined as combined income earned by the student, the student’s spouse (if applicable), and the student’s dependent children (if applicable).
- Students’ younger than age 24 without a dependent child must show family income level of less than $35,000.
- Family income for this criterion is defined as income earned by the student and the student’s parent(s)/step-parent. If the parents are divorced or separated, the student must show proof of parent / step-parent income of the parent they live with over 50% of the time.
- Students’ younger than age 24 who have a dependent child they provide support for must show proof of family income level less than $35,000.
- Family income for this criterion is defined as income earned by the student and the student’s spouse (if applicable).
- Proof of family income must be verified by providing The Academy a copy of the student and / or parent(s) / step-parent IRS income tax returns for the most recent completed calendar year.
- This Academy is not currently approved to offer Title IV Funding.
- This Grant is not associated with Title IV in any way.
- This Grant is an internal Academy Grant program.
AEO Grant Details
- The AEO Grant is a one time Grant valued at $6000.
- The AEO Grant is only applicable for the Cosmetology Course / Program of Study.
- There is no appeal process for this AEO Grant.
- If the student fails to meet SAP requirements at the 450-hour completion checkpoint one-half of the total Grant value is forfeited.
- The AEO Grant must be applied to the student’s tuition costs.
- The AEO Grant does not apply to textbook and kit costs.
- The AEO Grant is non-transferrable.
- The student may not use any other scholarships that are offered by The Academy if using the AEO Grant.
Contact us for more information about this grant and other scholarships we offer to help make your education affordable.