Choosing to attend cosmetology school at The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA), Maplewood can be a great investment in yourself. You may wonder how cosmetology school is different from other trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. Choosing a school, working out financial aid, and fitting classes into your schedule are universal details when it comes to post-high school education. But a big difference between cosmetology school and other educational programs is the time it takes to complete.
Cosmetology Hour Requirements
- At The Salon Professional Academy, Maplewood, our cosmetology program takes 1550 hours, which means the program can be completed in as little as 48 weeks. This means you could potentially have a cosmetology license in less than a year! There is also a possibility for the program to take longer, depending on your schedule’s flexibility.
Cosmetology School Requirements in Minnesota
According to the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology, a student must do the following to receive a cosmetology license:
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Have proof of high school graduation, GED completion, or a recognized equivalent.
- Apply for a license and pay the application fee.
- Pass the Minnesota State Laws and Exam, General Theory Exam, and Written Practical Exam.
How Often Do Classes Start?
Are you ready to start school right away, or do you want to wait for a few months? At TSPA Maplewood, we have classes starting nearly every month. This means you could be on your way to a career opportunity in the industry in a year. We’ll also be offering half-time programs later this year, so stay tuned to learn more.
Start Your Beautiful Future
For more information about our graduation rates, the median loan debt of students who completed the program and other information visit http://www.tspamaplewood.com