Here are some things you need to know when considering enrolling in a beauty school.
1. You must consider the location between your home and the school. However, choosing the closest school may not be the best option. Selecting the nearest reliable school is wise.
2. You must know what you will learn from that school in their Esthetician program. Skincare treatments, makeup, temporary hair removal, lash/brow tints, eyelash extensions, and more. Ask the school what is offered and what services you will be licensed to do in the state. Many states regulate esthetician licensure differently.
3. Take a tour. Take the advantage of taking a tour and feel the ambiance and atmosphere. You can also get ideas about what is happening there. You can also make an appointment with a student at the school for a service to get the feel of what it would be like to be a student.
4. Ask a question. Actually, ask a lot of questions. You can visit their website or call the school if there are things you need to clarify or enlighten.
5. What product lines do they use? A school partnered with well know salon/spa professional lines are a great thing to look for. Also, ask to see what items you will get in your kit.