Are you an Active Duty Soldier or an Honorably Discharged Veteran?
We would like to thank you and your children for your service/sacrifice to our country by providing you with an opportunity for a Military Scholarship.
This scholarship application is available for students who qualify.
- Must provide a copy of Military ID for active military members.
- Honorably discharged veterans must provide a copy of their DD214.
- Dishonorably discharged veterans are not eligible for this scholarship.
- A child of a veteran will need to provide their birth certificate / legal guardianship / adoption papers and one of the above documents.
- Accepted for enrollment at The Salon Professional Academy, Maplewood, MN on a full time basis in the Cosmetology program.
- Provide a 500 word or less typed essay or video sharing what it means to:
- “Serve/sacrifice for our country and how service to our country has impacted your family.”
- Submit the completed scholarship application.
- Provide two letters character reference from someone other than family or friends.
- Student is only eligible for one grant or scholarship from The Academy.
- If the student fails to start classes, any awarded scholarship becomes null and void.
- If the student postpones enrollment to a future start date, the student would need to reapply for scholarships and is not guaranteed a scholarship based on a previous decision.
- TSPA Military Scholarship awarded must be applied to the student’s tuition cost.
- TSPA Military Scholarship awarded is non-transferrable.
- There is no cash allocation for this scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Cosmetology scholarship is valued at $3000 per award.
- Eligibility is determined by a combination of providing required documentation listed in the “Scholarship Eligibility” section above and the quality and content of the scholarship / or video.
- Essay or video will be rated based on the following system:
- 10% professionalism of the response
- 20% articulation of thought in the fewest number of words
- 70% content of the essay / video
- The decision by the Scholarship Selection Committee will be final.
- The applicant may not appeal the decision.
- This scholarship must be used towards Academy tuition.
- There will be no cash allocation for this scholarship.
For more information about our programs and class start dates contact us by filling out a form on our website or email email@example.com. You can also call us at 651-340-0766.
We look forward to meeting you and getting you started on a path to a great career and future!